Position : Buyer – CRD/2472
- He should have electronics back ground.
- Develop and implement company’s Supply Chain strategies.
- Develop supply base and supply chain strategies that are unique to customer or for business unit strategic materials.
- Support customer business needs using standard process where possible and customized solutions where necessary. Collaborate with purchasing manager and Supply Change Management (SCM) to determine the best approach to meet the customer needs.
- Communicate company’s expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit / visits, certifications, and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base. Obtain feedback from buyer / planner on supplier delivery, quality, and service performance.
- Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve company’s SCM initiatives and strategies.
- Optimize overall cost of materials.
- Quote new and existing materials. Work with materials quotation analyst if applicable. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
- Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
- Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of company and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard company’s terms and conditions.
- Ensure execution of company’s pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as World Wide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to by the company.
- Improve sourcing options by working with company’s internal resources and customers to add company’s preferred and/or strategic suppliers to customer Approved Manufacturer List (AML).
- Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect the inventory value for a financial period in standard costing process.
- Provide input to determine quoted cost to the customer that is competitive yet maximizes the amount of materials price variance (MPV).
- Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable Purchase Price Variance (PPV) / MPV. Work with Business Unit Manager (BUM) to obtain customers authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customers behalf.
- Collaborate with buyer / planner and monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers performance for continuous improvement.
- Work with buyer/planner to ensure that suppliers support overall business needs of the company.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
General Requirement :
- Good working knowledge of computerized Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) systems. Possess a strong leadership skill and good analytical skill.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of supply chain management, electronics industry, supply base, pricing process and strategies, as well as e-Commerce tools.
- Communicate effectively and escalate issues appropriately.
- Supplier pricing and service performance meets or exceeds SCM expectations.
- Company’s supply chain strategies and initiatives are well implemented and strategic spend is maximized.
- Cash to cash cycle is optimized.
- Meet or exceed and continuously improve on the related Drive by Wire (DBW) performance metrics objectives :
– Material Price Variance
– Days of Supply or Inventory Turns
- Other applicable metrics as defines by supervisor. Meet or exceed and continuously improve on the related DBW performance metrics.
- Works with the buyer / planner to ensure that the Purchasing planning parameters are 100 % accurate.
Company Profile: MNC Global leader in the Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry, offering innovative manufacturing and supply chain solutions to world leading electronics and technology companies across a broad range of industries. From conceptual design through total product management, their design, manufacturing and post-manufacturing services are offered from facilities in the America, Europe and Asia. The company has recorded fiscal 2005 revenue of $7.5 billion USD, has employees 55000 world wide and has 45 designs, manufacturing and repair facilities worldwide. Company is dealing in the following products : Connector, Resistor, Capacitor, PCB, Interface, CPU, Microprocessor, Chip Set, Diodes, LED, Transistor, FET, Optical, Digital Arrestor, display / LCD, Varistor, Potentiometer, Relay, Jack, Plug, Cables, Switches, Inductor, Ferrite, Fuse, Transformer etc.