M Pradeep Kumar
Seeking Senior Managerial assignments in the areas of PPC, Production and New Product Development.
- A Dynamic Professional with nearly 20 + years of rich experience in Automotive Industries.
- Hands on experience of job development on CNC Turning, HMC & VMC including lay outing & programming.
- Specialized in Production, Production Planning and Control.
- Optimally utilize resources and time to deliver the product in specified Quality, required Quantity at best costs by streamlining processes, by modifying layouts, by optimizing tool consumption.
- Hands on experience in implementing TS16949, QS-9000 & ISO 9001:2000.
- I optimally utilize resources and time to deliver the product in specified Quality, required Quantity at best costs by streamlining processes, by modifying layouts, by optimizing tool consumption.
- Very good in Handling manpower by understanding them and solving their concerns and issues.
- Always met more than 90% of the schedules.
- Zero PPM and Zero customer complaint from last 23 months to 7 various customers.
- In IGW INVOLUTE GEAR, OEE increased from 65% to 82%.
- Worked for one year on three (3) Defense War Ships inside Naval Dockyard, Vishakhapatnam.
- New Development
- Developed – Approx. 400 parts in 5 different companies.
- Developed some critical components such as a) Swivel Head b) Different types of Hubs for Heavy Commercial Vehicles c) Light Axle hub for army Vehicle d) Various components of World Truck of TATA MOTORS e) Support Sleeve.
- Was lead member in the development of fully finished stub axle 1312 having 13 operations, starting from facing and centering to CNC grinding.
- Costs Saved
- In Present company, saved Rs 20 Lacks (By increase in production by change in layouts, change in tooling’s, change in programs, change in feed and speeds.
Skill areas and Proficiency
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Very Good Interpersonal relationship
- Good Presence of mind Proficiency in managing entire activities for a variety of products, including streamlining processes to reduce delivery time.
- Capable of running independently a complete production set up including Maintenance.
- Proficiency in man power handling.
- Proficiency in CNC Turning centre and VMC machine mechanical Maintenance.
Specific Job Skills
- Machines Specific
- In depth knowledge of CNC Turning, HMC- 5 axis and VMC – 4 axis machines
- Controllers worked on Fanuc, Siemens and Mazatrol
- Programming, tool layout and selection
- Set up layouts
- Line Management
- Line balancing
- Man Management
- OEE monitoring
- Quality Monitoring
- Monitoring of Customer Complaints and filling of 8D form, as & when it appears.
- Programming of CMM for measurement of new component.
- Record Keeping
- Record, Control & monitoring of Special Processes.
- Establishing culture of Kaizen and Poka-yoke on the line.
- Maintenance of 5S on line
- Pokayoke & Kaizens
- Working towards CMI-(Cost management Initiatives) like cycle time reduction, trials of new tooling’s, fully utilization of machines
- System Implementation
- Well versed with the concepts of ISO/TS 16949 System, Total Productive Maintenance and Lean Manufacturing.
- Took active role in achieving QS 9000 certification for an organization. (Converted all the operation wise stage drawings and control plans of various components (more than 300 Nos.) to QS 9000 formats.)
Worked on lines / Machines
- Worked in various shops like manufacturing of gears, shafts and pins, manufacturing of different kind of stub axles, complete machining of different kind of Hubs etc.
- 5 years of experience in sheet metal Industry in handling Production and Assembly lines such as Spare Wheel Carrier, Air Tanks, Fuel Tanks, etc.
- Working in Gearbox assembly line from last 26 months in IGW INVOLUTE GEAR and supplying about 2500 gearboxes per month with Zero PPM from last 16 months to 7 various customers.
- “Supplier Training” on quality & productivity improvement techniques at “Tata Cummins”.
- “Customer Satisfaction” at CII.
- “High productivity and better tool life” at “Sandvik”.
- “Cutting tools and application” at “Sandvik”.
- Programing of CNC machines
- Operating and using co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM – Accurate make).
- Daily basic maintenance for Clean, Lubricate, Inspect and Tight.
- Usage of “General & Critical” measuring equipment.
- Different topics identified from the skill matrix to operators.
- Very good at interacting with people across all hierarchical levels for smooth plant execution, to focus on development, to meet present and future demands.
- Have great motivating skills to extract maximum output by throwing challenges to team members and helping them out whenever they face a problem to meet the challenges.
IGW INVOLUTE GEAR –Belgium MNC from Feb’2013 till date, as Senior Manager Production
The company has its presence in around 8 counties in the world with 3000 crores turnover annually. The company supplies Gears and other auto components to 40 various customers such as CAT (U.K.), TMA(USA), JCB (U.K. &India), John Deere, CNH (Turkistan), IT (Switzerland) Eaton, to name a few
Roles, Responsibilities and Achievements in the Present Company:
- Leading a team of 8 engineers,6 Supervisors and workforce of 220 people in one plant
- Production Planning and control for 300 variety of parts.
- Analyze demand requirements to identify production and supply bottlenecks and give solution to it.
- Guide the various Production Activities to set production Process
- Monitor OEE for bottleneck machines
- Ensure Shop-floor discipline, shop floor safety, 5S activity
- Monitor and review In-house rejections or customer complaint through Why-Why analysis.
- Ensure and motivate kaizen and Poka –Yoke on shop floor
- Ensure that training is provided on every topic on shop floor.
- Vigorously implement cost saving initiatives such as change in layout, implementing latest tooling’s, streamlining processes.
- Ensure Multi skill activity through skill matrix.
- Increased turnover from 45.6 crores to 72 crores annually.
- Productionised most of the development parts into regular supplies.
- Reduced In-house PPM from 10000 to 1600 PPM.
- Handling Gearbox assembly line with Zero PPM and Zero customer complaint from last 16 months.
|Vijayshree Autocom Limited, Jamshedpur||Sr Manager Production & Maintenance||1. Developed TATA MOTORS world truck project Components within much stipulated time frame.
2. Developed Parallel Assembly lines to meet customer requirements.
|Saurat Autotech Pvt. Ltd, Jamshedpur||Senior Manager, Production & Development and maintenance||1.Was lead member in the development of stub axle 1312 in fully finished condition which includes 13 operations, starting from facing and centering to CNC grinding|
|Mahindra Engineering, Jamshedpur||Manager Production and Development||1.Developed 12 models of stub axles and Ball head (Swivel Head)|
|Shanfari Trading & Furnishing co., Oman||Engineer Production||Reduced cycle time|
|JMT Auto Limited, Jamshedpur||Engineer Production||Implemented 1 S successfully|
- Degree in Automobile Engineering (IIAE recognized by IMI Chennai)-2007
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (BTE Government of Karnataka)-1997
- 10th – CBSE Delhi. -1993
- Date of Birth : 7th February 1977
- Place of Birth : Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- Permanent/Current address : Alandi road, PCMC Pune. 412105.
- Gender : Male
- Marital Status : Married
- Languages : English, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi (Only understand)
- Hobbies : Listening Carnatic music and meditation
- Cell : +91-9657747639
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current CTC :9.5 lakhs
- Notice Period :1 month