Part of renowned German MNC, geared to start local production of stainless steel brewing vessels and tanks with European engineering, is looking for :
Post : Design & Engineering Manager – CRD/2063
Location : Pune.
Qualifications : B.E. (Mechanical)
Experience requirements : 8 to 10 years of experience.
- The Person Should have experience in the area of Design & Engineering of stainless steel tanks, vessels, heat exchangers etc.
- He shall have hands of experience on designing the various equipment as per international codes like ASME Sec VIII, Div. 1, TEMA, DIN standard etc.
- Experience of preparation of detailed manufacturing drawings is a prerequisite.
- He shall also have basic knowledge of manufacturing, welding techniques, machining of components etc.
- He shall also have an experience in the area of Piping, piping support design & local load analysis.
- Exposure to various materials of construction, its properties & ability to select the proper material of construction for various applications is must.
- As head of a team to be found, you will also be responsible for the efficient order processing in the range of breweries. The focus is directed to the constructive realization of our customer orders in the area of plant and machine engineering, considering the parameters “technical feasibility”, “dates and deadlines” as well as “costs”. You take it for granted to work closely with the project management and the technical and commercial departments. In addition, the realization and coordination of projects and the optimal implementation of customer requirements into constructive solutions should not represent any problem for you.
- You are able to put teamwork into practice and to organize and delegate tasks accordingly.
- You have very good analytical and well-structured skills; you are able to work under pressure and are goal-oriented.
- Profound knowledge of modern EDP-aided engineering tools (e.g. 2-dimensional / 3-dimensional CAD / CAE / ERP systems) is a prerequisite.
- Exposure in NDT, ISO 9001 etc will be an added advantage.
Job description :
To support the existing team actively in establishing the Design & Engineering facility for Company.
- To support in selecting the manpower for Design & Engineering department.
- To build Design & engineering team.
- To establish the systems/procedures in Design & Engineering department.
- Ensuring the procedures are implemented & followed.
- To produce international quality engineering details as per company standard and as per the requirements of the customer.
- To deliver the results within the stipulated time frame & within the budgeted cost.
- Ensure the good housekeeping in the department.
- Minimize the waste and avoid rework.
- Promote the concept of Quality First in the department.
- Identify & solve on a daily basis the problems and bottle necks to ensure smooth functioning of Design & Engineering department.
- Inventory Management from Design stage.
- Coordination with Quality Control Manager.
- Coordination with Production Manager.
- Coordination with contractors & vendors.
- Analysis of actual cost with respect to actual cost.
- Preparation of monthly report for MIS purpose.
- Support to establish the ISO 9001/ TPM/ Kaizen/ERP systems etc. in the organization.
- To establish the KPI system the organization.
Core Skills / Competency:
- Knowledge of various design tools like
- Understanding of jobs to be manufactured.
- Preparation of detailed manufacturing drawings
- preparing the bill of material based on these drawings
- Estimating the cost of the equipment.
- Establishing the design & engineering department
- Quality consciousness.
- Timely execution of the jobs.
- Work Planning & distribution of work to engineers, draftsman etc.
- Subcontract items planning.
- Awareness of various testing procedure used during the manufacturing of these tanks vessels.
- Ability to use the resources effectively i.e. man, machine & money
- Ability to establish the systems in place.
- Basic knowledge of ASME Sec VIII Div 1, ASME Sec II
Company’s Profile : Renowned German MNC, geared to start local production in india with European engineering. The new company has been headquartered in Pune and is a 100 percent subsidiary of the German MNC. The course is set and the senior management are on the starting blocks. After the setting up of the company, work is now to commence on the production site in Pune. This is where stainless steel brewing vessels and tanks are to be manufactured to the accustomed and world famous quality standards. The production launch is planned for the spring of 2008. The company is offering the combination of European engineering know-how and low-cost local production”, explained Managing Director for sales and marketing of the group. For company’s customers this means state-of-the-art brewing plant technology and highest quality standards with optimized investment costs.The new company in India has already started getting orders. A very renowned group has already placed two orders with this company for the design and construction of turnkey plants in India. The new plants are planned for Sonipat, a town in the Indian state of Haryana, and near the mega-city Bengaluru (the former Bangalore). These brewing plants are designed for an annual output of around 1 million hectoliters to begin with. An expansion to 2 million hectoliters per annum each, is planned. Company which has placed order is relying on mash-filter technology in India as well and has ordered two TCM thin-layer chamber mash filters from this company. The plants are designed for 12 brews per day and 650 hl of cast wort per brew.
Interested Candidates can send their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with current salary and subject “Design & Engineering Manager – CRD/2063” at the earliest.
If you know someone with the above profile, please suggest him / her to send his / her resume at email@example.com with the above details. You may forward this e-mail to your friends, relatives, colleagues who may be interested for the above job-opportunity.
Thanks and regards,
M. R. Singhal
Management & Placement Consultant
Centre for Right Direction,
24, Niyoshi Park-2,
Sanghvi Nagar, Aundh,
Phone : 020-25888757 / 25880170
Fax : 020-25888757
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web-site : http://www.crdindia.com