Part of renowned German MNC, geared to start local production of stainless steel brewing vessels and tanks with European engineering, is looking for :
Post : Manager – Purchase – CRD/2571
Location : Pune.
Qualifications : B. E. Mechanical / Production + MBA ( Materials )
Experience : 7 to 12 years in Engineering Industry (preferred stainless steel fabrication)
Job description :
- Purchase of various raw materials, engineering items, welding & other consumables required for fabrication of stainless steel tanks, vessels, heat exchangers etc.
- Purchase of pipes, pipe fittings, hardware & gaskets of various material grade.
- Purchase & Contracts of Project Engineering items in the following areas :
– Mechanical : Valves, Pumps, Milling systems etc., Equipment installation contracts, Piping installation contracts etc.
– Electrical : Motors, Cables, Electrical Panels (PCC/MCC etc.), Cable trays, Hardware supply, Electrical installation contracts etc.
– Instrumentation : Flow meter, control valves, Pressure & Temperature indicators, PLC systems, Control panels, Instrument installation
- Exposure of purchase planning, raw material inventory & control, knowledge of supplier data base, ERP operation etc. is must. Candidate shall be conversant with ASME Material codes/ standard.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process or Project execution is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Taxation, Excise, and Imports laws etc. related to purchase is must.
- Independently handling sourcing of all kinds of equipment and material for Brewery Projects would be preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of supplier base in India especially in and around Pune.
- Good knowledge of Stainless steel plates and coil manufacturers and traders.
Other Essential Characteristics :
- Good working knowledge of Customs clearance procedures.
- Good working knowledge of licensing procedures.
- Working knowledge of Income tax. (TDS)
- Working knowledge of Sales Tax / VAT & Excise
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
Purchasing Activity –
- Perform all activities related to purchasing & Vendor Development of – Raw Material, Capital goods, support equipment, Auxiliaries, packaging material, Machine Spares, Bought out items, Services, Consumables etc of the desired quality, at a competitive costs, best credit terms and within the stipulated time frame. Due importance should be given to proper after sales service.
- To implement the Purchasing systems in coordination with Company. This includes the ISO 9000 procedure.
- Vendor Development / Sourcing & Vendor Evaluation & up gradation
- Developing and selecting new suppliers and to evaluate existing suppliers in line with company procedures and ISO requirements
- To foresee the problems, if any & tackle it in advance to avoid the last moment hassles.
- Purchase related logistic activities, deal with transporters, courier etc.
Company’s Profile : Renowned German MNC, geared to start local production in india with European engineering. The new company has been headquartered in Pune and is a 100 percent subsidiary of the German MNC. This group, with 150 years experience and more than 1,000 employees worldwide is pioneer and leader in the industry and engaged in the design, manufacture, implementation and project management in the brewing industry.The course is set and the senior management are on the starting blocks. After the setting up of the company, work is now to commence on the production site in Pune. This is where stainless steel brewing vessels and tanks are to be manufactured to the accustomed and world famous quality standards. The production launch is planned for the spring of 2008. The company is offering the combination of European engineering know-how and low-cost local production”, explained Managing Director for sales and marketing of the group. For company’s customers this means state-of-the-art brewing plant technology and highest quality standards with optimized investment costs.The new company in India has already started getting orders. A very renowned group has already placed two orders with this company for the design and construction of turnkey plants in India. The new plants are planned for Sonipat, a town in the Indian state of Haryana, and near the mega-city Bengaluru (the former Bangalore). These brewing plants are designed for an annual output of around 1 million hectoliters to begin with. An expansion to 2 million hectoliters per annum each, is planned. Company which has placed order is relying on mash-filter technology in India as well and has ordered two TCM thin-layer chamber mash filters from this company. The plants are designed for 12 brews per day and 650 hl of cast wort per brew.
Interested Candidates can send their resume at email@example.com with current salary and subject “Manager – Purchase – CRD/2571“ at the earliest.
If you know someone with the above profile, please suggest him / her to send his / her resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the above details. You may forward this e-mail to your friends, relatives, colleagues who may be interested for the above job-opportunity.
Thanks and regards,
M. R. Singhal
Management & Placement Consultant
Centre for Right Direction,
24, Niyoshi Park-2,
Sanghvi Nagar, Aundh,
Phone : 020-25888757 / 25880170
Fax : 020-25888757
E-mail : email@example.com
Web-site : http://www.crdindia.com